Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
The West Manchester Township Planning Commission will meet on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. The Planning Commission will not be physically present at the West Manchester Township Building located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408, but instead will conduct a virtual meeting utilizing authorized telecommunications devices. The format is authorized by Act 15 of 2020 as a result of the state of emergency in Pennsylvania regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The Planning Commission and the Zoning Officer will meet electronically via “Zoom” with the applicant, their engineer and their attorney. The meeting will be live-streamed for public viewing on the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page beginning at 7:00 p.m. At the beginning of the broadcast, and on the notice posted at the entrance to the Township Building, a telephone number will be provided for interested parties to call in to ask questions or make a statement regarding each agenda item. In addition, any questions concerning the agenda items may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the attention of the Zoning Officer at the Township building address, provided the questions are received no later than June 8, 2020. Interested parties may visit the West Manchester Township building during regular business hours to view the land development plan being reviewed by the West Manchester Township Planning Commission members.
West Manchester Township Continues to Show Support for Small Businesses
On Thursday, May 28th, the West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors continued to show its support for small businesses by passing Resolution 20-17. This resolution supports and advocates for the fair, consistent and expeditious reopening of all businesses and encourages the Governor to permit the reopening of all businesses in a safe and effective manner. At this same meeting, the Board also thanked all business owners and employees of Township businesses for their dedication and commitment to the safety and health of the entire community during this unprecedented time. This action was just another step taken by the Board in supporting local businesses and residents during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. Earlier this year, the Board took several actions to provide tax relief measures to both businesses and individuals. The West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors is committed to investigating all methods to provide additional relief, in any form, to our residents and businesses.
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP
POLLING LOCATION CHANGE
The York County Board of Elections has moved the locations of more than a dozen polling places. Some of these changes are permanent, while others are temporary. Some are consolidations of polling locations to accommodate neighboring voting districts. One of these changes effects voters of West Manchester Township. York City 14-2, at Kelly Manor, and West Manchester Township 5, at Normandie Ridge, are now consolidated and both will vote at York Fairgrounds, Memorial Hall at 334 Carlisle Ave., York.
The West Manchester Township Zoning Hearing Board will meet on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. The Zoning Hearing Board will not be physically present at the West Manchester Township Building located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408, but instead will conduct a virtual meeting utilizing authorized telecommunications devices. The format is authorized by Act 15 of 2020 as a result of the state of emergency in Pennsylvania regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The Zoning Hearing Board, its Solicitor, the Zoning Officer and the stenographer will meet electronically via “Zoom” with the applicants, their attorneys and witnesses. The meeting will be live-streamed for public viewing on the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page beginning at 7:00 p.m. At the beginning of the broadcast and on the notice posted at the entrance to the Township Building, a telephone number will be provided for interested parties to call in to ask questions or make a statement regarding each case. In addition, any questions concerning the applications may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the attention of the Zoning Officer at the Township building address provided the questions are received no later than May 21, 2020.
If you know of a question or concern you would like addressed ahead of time, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or contact the Township office at 717-792-3505 prior to Tuesday’s meeting. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
Activities & Events
ACTIVITIES AND MEETINGS CANCELLED
Questions? Please call the Township Office at 717-792-3505
SENIOR BINGO AT SHILOH FIRE CO – JUNE 8
SOFTBALL PROGRAM FOR GIRLS
SUMMER PLAYGROUND PROGRAM
BENNETT WILLIAMS TOT PROGRAM
OLDE TYME CARNIVAL
YARD WASTE PICKUP
Yard Waste Pickup will resume on Saturday, June 27, 2020. Prepare yard waste with any of these options:
- In a container, which can be emptied
- In a biodegradable paper bag
- Bundle it with biodegradable twine
- Bundles are no longer than 5′ in length
- Bundles not to exceed 30 lbs. each
- Branches not to exceed 6″ in diameter
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM.
UPCOMING BUS TRIP
- April 18 – NYC (Cancelled)
- April 25-May 3 – New Orleans (Cancelled)
- May 9 – St. Michael’s MD (Cancelled)
- May 16 – Cape May (Cancelled)
- June 8-12 – Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard (Cancelled)
- June 13 – NYC (Cancelled)
- June 27 – Washington DC (Cancelled)
- Sep 14-18 – Vermont
- Oct 3 – Sunfest
- Oct 10 – Jim Thorpe
- Oct 17 – Altoona – Railroaders Memorial Museum & Horseshoe Curve
- Oct 24 – Chestertown, MD
- Dec 5 – Dickens Christmas
- Dec 19 – New York City
- Call 792-3505 for an information packet on the individual trip. For additional info visit www.DoverTwpRec.com.
POP UP DRIVE THRU AT SHILOH FIRE COMPANY
SATURDAY, MAY 30, 11 AM – 2 PM
Enjoy all those carnival foods everyone is craving while maintaining social distancing.
Menu: Berks All Meat Hot Dogs, Hot Sausages, Fresh Cut French Fries, Chicken Fingers and Fries Combo, Breaded All Lump Crabcake Sandwich, Breaded Oyster Sandwich, Philly Cheesesteak, Sw. Italian Sausage, Beaded Dill Pickle Spears, Fried Cheese Pierogies, Soda and Water.
THE CHOW WAGON FOOD TRUCK
WHERE: SUNSET LANE PARK
WHEN: FRIDAY, JUNE 12 AND FRIDAY, JUNE 26
TIME: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Come to Sunset Lane Park, enjoy the food and the chance to get out of the house and safely distancing yourselves. Support our local small businesses and your township!
GIFT CARD BINGO
Sunday, October 25, 2020
Doors Open at 10:00 AM – Bingo starts at Noon
$20 in Advance – $25 at the Door
Tickets can be purchased at the West Manchester Township Office. If you have purchased a ticket previously for this event, you may use that same ticket for the October 25th date.
380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408
Questions ??? Call 717-792-3505
2020 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 6 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 23; February 27; March 26; April 23; May 28; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 12; December 17.
Board of Auditors
January 7 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 19; April 15; June 17; August 19; October 21; December 16.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 2 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 29; February 26; March 25; April 29; May 27; June 24; July 29; August 26; September 30; October 28; November 18; December 16.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 27; February 24; March 23; April 27; May 22; June 22; July 27; August 24; September 28; October 26; November 23; December 28.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 14; February 11; March 10; April 14; May 12; June 9; July 14; August 11; September 8; October 13; November 10; December 8.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 24; February 28; March 27; April 24; May 22; June 26; July 24; August 28; September 25; October 23; November 30; December 28.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 28; February 25; March 24; April 28; May 26; June 23; July 28; August 25; September 22; October 27; November 24; December 22.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 7; February 4; March 3; April 7; May 5; June 2; July 7; August 4; September 1; October 6; November 4; December 1.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 24; May 18; August 31; November 30.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.