Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
TOWNSHIP TRICK OR TREAT
Trick or Treat activities for West Manchester Township are traditionally held on October 31st from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Individuals or families wishing to participate in Trick or Treat activities should leave their porch or front yard lights on during this time frame. West Manchester Township neither encourages nor discourages participation in these events. The West Manchester Township Police Department will have an increased presence in several residential areas during this time period. Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, individuals and families should assess all risks associated in participating in these events and make their own decision as whether or not to participate. The West Manchester Township Fire Department has however decided to cancel the “Trunk or Treat” event scheduled at Loman Park due to the State outdoor gathering restrictions and recommendations. Individuals and families deciding to participate in any events are encouraged to social distance or wear a mask in such instances when social distancing is not possible. In the case of inclement weather, individual developments or organizations are free to reschedule their events accordingly. West Manchester Township bears no responsibility for individuals, families or organizations deciding to participate in any Trick or Treat activities.
The West Manchester Township Zoning Hearing Board will meet on Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
The Zoning Hearing Board will not be physically present at the West Manchester Township Building located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408, but instead will conduct a virtual meeting utilizing authorized telecommunications devices. The format is authorized by Act 15 of 2020 as a result of the state of emergency in Pennsylvania regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The Zoning Hearing Board, its Solicitor, the Zoning Officer and the stenographer will meet electronically via “Zoom” with the applicants, their attorneys and witnesses. The meeting will be live-streamed for public viewing on the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page beginning at 7:00 p.m. At the beginning of the broadcast and on the notice posted at the entrance to the Township Building, a telephone number will be provided for interested parties to call in to ask questions or make a statement regarding each case. In addition, any questions concerning the applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the attention of the Zoning Officer at the Township building address provided the questions are received no later than September 21, 2020.
If you know of a question or concern you would like addressed ahead of time, please e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Township office at 717-792-3505 prior to Tuesday’s meeting. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
September 14, 2020 special meeting of the BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
The West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors will hold a special meeting on Monday, September 14th at 4:00 p.m. to consider and receive comments on an ordinance expressing their desire to organize and participate in a joint authority to own, operate and maintain a public sewer system and sewage treatment facility that provides service to the Township and surrounding municipalities in the greater York area. Immediately following the hearing, the Board will consider this ordinance as well as the associated article of incorporation. As with the previous meetings, this special meeting will to be closed to the general public in accordance with the recommendations from the State but will be streamed live on the Township Recreation Department and Fire Department Facebook pages. Residents can also submit questions in advance via email (email@example.com), or comment and ask questions on the live Facebook platform and will also be provided a call-in number during the live stream. This is being done in order to evaluate the effect of COVID-19 coronavirus with the new “green phase” guidelines. We will reassess the situation prior to our next public meeting to determine when “in-person” meetings will resume.
The West Manchester Township Planning Commission will meet on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. The Planning Commission will not be physically present at the West Manchester Township Building located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408, but instead will conduct a virtual meeting utilizing authorized telecommunications devices. The format is authorized by Act 15 of 2020 as a result of the state of emergency in Pennsylvania regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The Planning Commission, Township Engineer and the Zoning Officer will meet electronically via “Zoom” with the applicant and their engineer. The meeting will be live-streamed for public viewing on the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page beginning at 7:00 p.m. At the beginning of the broadcast, and on the notice posted at the entrance to the Township Building, a telephone number will be provided for interested parties to call in to ask questions or make a statement regarding each agenda item. In addition, any questions concerning the agenda items may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the attention of the Zoning Officer at the Township building address, provided the questions are received no later than September 4, 2020. Interested parties may visit the West Manchester Township building during regular business hours to view the subdivision plan being reviewed by the West Manchester Township Planning Commission members.
Activities & Events
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO THE RECENT INCREASE IN COVID-19 CASES, WE MUST CANCEL OUR SENIOR BINGO SESSIONS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, MONDAY, OCTOBER 19 AND MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16 AT THE SHILOH FIRE CO.
AT THIS TIME WE ARE STILL PLANNING TO HAVE OUR HOLIDAY BINGO SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, DECEMBER 17 FROM 1-3 PM AT THE SHILOH FIRE CO.
PLEASE CALL CLOSER TO OUR HOLIDAY BINGO DATE TO VERIFY WE WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE IT AS PLANNED. (717)792-3505.
YARD WASTE PICKUP
The next scheduled Yard Waste Pickup is on Saturday, September 26, 2020. Prepare yard waste with any of these options:
- In a container, which can be emptied
- In a biodegradable paper bag
- Bundle it with biodegradable twine
- Bundles are no longer than 5′ in length
- Bundles not to exceed 30 lbs. each
- Branches not to exceed 6″ in diameter
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM.
UPCOMING BUS TRIP
- April 18 – NYC (Cancelled)
- April 25-May 3 – New Orleans (Cancelled)
- May 9 – St. Michael’s MD (Cancelled)
- May 16 – Cape May (Cancelled)
- June 8-12 – Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard (Cancelled)
- June 13 – NYC (Cancelled)
- June 27 – Washington DC (Cancelled)
- Sep 14-18 – Vermont (Cancelled)
- Oct 3 – Sunfest (Cancelled)
- Oct 10 – Jim Thorpe (Cancelled)
- Oct 17 – Altoona – Railroaders Memorial Museum & Horseshoe Curve (Cancelled)
- Oct 24 – Chestertown, MD (Cancelled)
- Dec 5 – Dickens Christmas (Cancelled)
- Dec 19 – New York City (Cancelled)
- Call 792-3505 for an information packet on the individual trip. For additional info visit www.DoverTwpRec.com.
PLEASE BE ADVISED…
- PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN SANITIZED PRIOR TO OPENING FOR CHILDREN’S USE
- PLAYGROUNDS ARE NOT REGULARLY CLEANED OR SANITIZED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- USING PROPER SANITATION PRACTICES AND FOLLOWING SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES ARE RECOMMENDED
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS SHOULD ENSURE CHILDREN WASH AND/OR SANITIZE THEIR HANDS AFTER TOUCHING PLAY STRUCTURES
FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY EVENT
WHEN: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
TIME: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
WHERE: SUNSET LANE PARK
Shorty’s Funnel Cakes, Mad Dash Concessions, Capt. Crab, Emanuel’s Italian Ice, Bricker’s French Fries, Pretzel Spot Café, Waffle Works, Mac Stack, Big Chippers and The Taco Bus.
COME OUT AND ENJOY A NICE NIGHT IN THE PARK!!!
GIFT CARD BINGO
Sunday, October 25, 2020
Doors Open at 10:00 AM – Bingo starts at Noon
$20 in Advance – $25 at the Door
Tickets can be purchased at the West Manchester Township Office. If you have purchased a ticket previously for this event, you may use that same ticket for the October 25th date.
380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408
Questions ??? Call 717-792-3505
2020 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 6 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 23; February 27; March 26; April 23; May 28; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 12; December 17.
Board of Auditors
January 7 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 19; April 15; June 17; August 19; October 21; December 16.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 2 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 29; February 26; March 25; April 29; May 27; June 24; July 29; August 26; September 30; October 28; November 18; December 16.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 27; February 24; March 23; April 27; May 22; June 22; July 27; August 24; September 28; October 26; November 23; December 28.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 14; February 11; March 10; April 14; May 12; June 9; July 14; August 11; September 8; October 13; November 10; December 8.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 24; February 28; March 27; April 24; May 22; June 26; July 24; August 28; September 25; October 23; November 30; December 28.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 28; February 25; March 24; April 28; May 26; June 23; July 28; August 25; September 22; October 27; November 24; December 22.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 7; February 4; March 3; April 7; May 5; June 2; July 7; August 4; September 1; October 6; November 4; December 1.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 24; May 18; August 31; November 30.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.