Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
The Township and Non-Emergency Police Departments are having phone issues. Please e-mail if possible: firstname.lastname@example.org with your question/concerns and we will make sure it goes to the correct person. Otherwise, please be patient as we have Verizon out to work on our lines. We will answer your calls as soon as we are able. Thank you.
UPDATE: 9:30 a.m., officials lifted the shelter in place order.
– WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, Pa. —
A fire at Bricker’s French Fries in West Manchester Township, York County, has released harmful vapors into the air, according to the York County Office of Emergency Management. Those within a half-mile radius of the establishment are advised to stay inside with windows and doors closed.
Here is the full message from the York County Office of Emergency Management:
“The following message has been released by the County of York Commissioners through the York County Office of Emergency Management. At 0600 today, emergency personnel responded to Bricker’s French Fries at 2100 Monroe St. In West Manchester Township for a shed fire. Harmful vapors released into the air from the incident may cause adverse health conditions. All persons within a half mile radius of affected area are advised to stay indoors with windows and doors closed. Turn off all ventilation systems. Stay tuned for further instructions and updates.
Take Shelter Now.”
Township staff received an application for a Zoning Ordinance text amendment to the R-4 zoning district and a rezoning request from the owners of two (2) parcels located at Roosevelt Avenue, Kenneth Road and Westgate Drive (51-000-JH-0013-00 and 51-000-34-0002-00). The application will be reviewed in person at the Planning Commission meeting on July 14, 2020, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. At this meeting, the Planning Commission will consider the application and forward their recommendation to the West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors.
This meeting will be OPEN to the public. This meeting will not be live-streamed over the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page. Interested Township Residents attending this meeting should practice social distancing and wear a mask at all times while in the Township building.
Interested parties may view the rezoning request documents at the Township office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
If you know of a question or concern you would like addressed ahead of time, please e-mail: email@example.com or contact the Township office at 717-792-3505 prior to Tuesday’s meeting. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
A public hearing is scheduled for August 27, 2020 beginning at 7:00 p.m. prior to the regularly scheduled West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors’ meeting. Please continue to check the Township’s website for updates regarding this hearing, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you.
The West Manchester Township Planning Commission will meet in person for their regularly scheduled meeting to be held on Tuesday, July 14, 2020 beginning promptly at 7:00 p.m. This meeting will not be live-streamed over the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page.
Interested parties planning to attend this meeting should practice social distancing and wear a mask at all times while in the Township building.
Activities & Events
FAMILY ROLLER SKATING PARTY
WHEN: Monday, July 13
TIME: From 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
WHERE: Mr. Q’s Family Skate Center – 85 N. Fayette St.
COST: FREE TO WEST MANCHESTER TWP RESIDENTS!!
Skates/Blades rental available. You may bring your own skates/blades.
YARD WASTE PICKUP
Yard Waste Pickup will resume on Saturday, July 25, 2020. Prepare yard waste with any of these options:
- In a container, which can be emptied
- In a biodegradable paper bag
- Bundle it with biodegradable twine
- Bundles are no longer than 5′ in length
- Bundles not to exceed 30 lbs. each
- Branches not to exceed 6″ in diameter
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM.
UPCOMING BUS TRIP
- April 18 – NYC (Cancelled)
- April 25-May 3 – New Orleans (Cancelled)
- May 9 – St. Michael’s MD (Cancelled)
- May 16 – Cape May (Cancelled)
- June 8-12 – Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard (Cancelled)
- June 13 – NYC (Cancelled)
- June 27 – Washington DC (Cancelled)
- Sep 14-18 – Vermont
- Oct 3 – Sunfest
- Oct 10 – Jim Thorpe
- Oct 17 – Altoona – Railroaders Memorial Museum & Horseshoe Curve
- Oct 24 – Chestertown, MD
- Dec 5 – Dickens Christmas
- Dec 19 – New York City
- Call 792-3505 for an information packet on the individual trip. For additional info visit www.DoverTwpRec.com.
PLEASE BE ADVISED…
- PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN SANITIZED PRIOR TO OPENING FOR CHILDREN’S USE
- PLAYGROUNDS ARE NOT REGULARLY CLEANED OR SANITIZED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- USING PROPER SANITATION PRACTICES AND FOLLOWING SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES ARE RECOMMENDED
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS SHOULD ENSURE CHILDREN WASH AND/OR SANITIZE THEIR HANDS AFTER TOUCHING PLAY STRUCTURES
MOVIE NIGHT IN THE PARK
WHEN: RESCEDULED FOR RAIN DATE – JULY 9
TIME: 8:30 PM
WHERE: SUNSET LANE PARK
As soon as darkness falls on the park, we will be showing the movie, “Dolittle”, which you will be sure to enjoy!! So pop some popcorn, bring a blanket and join us for a fun filled evening!
THANK YOU…OVERNIGHT OFFICE…FOR SPONSORING THIS EVENT!!!!!!
GIFT CARD BINGO
Sunday, October 25, 2020
Doors Open at 10:00 AM – Bingo starts at Noon
$20 in Advance – $25 at the Door
Tickets can be purchased at the West Manchester Township Office. If you have purchased a ticket previously for this event, you may use that same ticket for the October 25th date.
380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408
Questions ??? Call 717-792-3505
2020 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 6 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 23; February 27; March 26; April 23; May 28; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 12; December 17.
Board of Auditors
January 7 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 19; April 15; June 17; August 19; October 21; December 16.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 2 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 29; February 26; March 25; April 29; May 27; June 24; July 29; August 26; September 30; October 28; November 18; December 16.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 27; February 24; March 23; April 27; May 22; June 22; July 27; August 24; September 28; October 26; November 23; December 28.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 14; February 11; March 10; April 14; May 12; June 9; July 14; August 11; September 8; October 13; November 10; December 8.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 24; February 28; March 27; April 24; May 22; June 26; July 24; August 28; September 25; October 23; November 30; December 28.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 28; February 25; March 24; April 28; May 26; June 23; July 28; August 25; September 22; October 27; November 24; December 22.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 7; February 4; March 3; April 7; May 5; June 2; July 7; August 4; September 1; October 6; November 4; December 1.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 24; May 18; August 31; November 30.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.