Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
The West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing to consider the rezoning request of two (2) properties on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. at the Shiloh Fire Hall in the open-air equipment bays located at 2190 Carlisle Road, York, PA. This venue will allow for appropriate social distancing in accordance with the Executive Order signed by Governor Wolf effective July 16, 2020.
REZONING REQUEST for two (2) parcels along Roosevelt Avenue and Westgate Drive to rezone the following properties:
UPI #: 51-000-JH-0013-00 – Roosevelt Avenue (Currently zoned Open Space Residential-3 and R-3 Residential. Proposed request to rezone the entire parcel to Professional Office.)
UPI#: 51-000-34-0002-00 – 1800 Kenneth Road (Currently zoned R-4 Residential and Open Space Residential-3. Proposed request to rezone the entire parcel to R-4 Residential.)
This public hearing will be advertised in the York newspaper, on the West Manchester Township website and the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page. Signs will also be posted on the properties included in the rezoning request. Due to the nature of the Covid-19 pandemic, please continue to check the West Manchester Township website for possible changes to this public hearing.
All interested parties wishing to be heard are invited to attend the public meeting. Persons attending must practice social distancing and must wear a mask at all times while in the Shiloh Fire Hall.
Should you have questions or concerns prior to this meeting, please submit your questions or comments at email@example.com or by calling the Township office at (717)792-3505 during regular business hours, no later than noon on October 5, 2020.
Township staff received an application for a rezoning request from the owners of two (2) parcels located at Roosevelt Avenue, Kenneth Road and Westgate Drive (51-000-JH-0013-00 and 51-000-34-0002-00). The application will be reviewed by the Planning Commission over a virtual meeting using the “Zoom” application on August 11, 2020, beginning at 7:00 p.m. At this virtual meeting, the Planning Commission will consider the application and forward their recommendation to the West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors.
This meeting will be not be open to the public due to the Governor’s orders to reduce indoor gatherings to a maximum of 25 persons. However, the meeting will be live-streamed for public viewing on the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page beginning at 7:00 p.m. At the beginning of the broadcast, and on the notice posted at the entrance to the Township Building, a telephone number will be provided for interested parties to call in to ask questions or make a statement regarding each agenda item. In addition, any questions concerning the agenda items may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the attention of the Zoning Officer at the Township building address, provided the questions are received no later than August 7, 2020.
Interested parties may view the rezoning request documents at the Township office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
If you know of a question or concern you would like addressed ahead of time, please e-mail: email@example.com or contact the Township office at 717-792-3505 prior to Tuesday’s meeting. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
A public hearing date will be announced in the near future and will be advertised in accordance with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Second Class Township Code. Please continue to check the Township’s website for updates regarding this public hearing, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you.
A Scary Trend
We need your HELP!
Hazardous waste continues to be an issue we are now dealing with on a WEEKLY basis. It should NEVER go in your curbside trash and recycling.
The result is always the same…a FIRE. This puts our employees lives in danger and causes major down time for our crews. We are already short-staffed due to a number of reasons and THIS has a ripple effect on our service.
When a truck catches on fire, it must immediately pull over in an opening parking lot and dump all contents out of the truck. 911 must be called, fire crews have to come put it out, hazmat occasionally has to get involved, and our employees need checked out for injuries. A professional cleaning crew must then come out and clean up any residue from the parking lot we dumped on.
Please do not put pool chemicals (or chemicals of any kind), rechargeable batteries, propane tanks, or anything else that could be combustible in your curbside trash and recycling. THANK YOU!
Here’s our resource guide for safe disposal of hazardous waste – http://ow.ly/sgLF50AzZPq
The West Manchester Township offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 21st due to necessary repairs being performed by the York Water Company. The office will re-open on Wednesday, July 22nd at 8 a.m..
Activities & Events
Starting Monday, August 3, 2020, Emerald Avenue will be closed to thru traffic due to resurfacing. PLEASE use alternate routes. Thank you!
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO THE RECENT INCREASE IN COVID-19 CASES, WE MUST CANCEL OUR SENIOR BINGO SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 10 AT THE SHILOH FIRE CO.
OUR NEXT SCHEDULED MONTHLY SENIOR BINGO IS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14.
CALL 717-792-3505 TO VERIFY WE WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE SEPTEMBER’S BINGO.
YARD WASTE PICKUP
Yard Waste Pickup will resume on Saturday, August 22, 2020. Prepare yard waste with any of these options:
- In a container, which can be emptied
- In a biodegradable paper bag
- Bundle it with biodegradable twine
- Bundles are no longer than 5′ in length
- Bundles not to exceed 30 lbs. each
- Branches not to exceed 6″ in diameter
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM.
UPCOMING BUS TRIP
- April 18 – NYC (Cancelled)
- April 25-May 3 – New Orleans (Cancelled)
- May 9 – St. Michael’s MD (Cancelled)
- May 16 – Cape May (Cancelled)
- June 8-12 – Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard (Cancelled)
- June 13 – NYC (Cancelled)
- June 27 – Washington DC (Cancelled)
- Sep 14-18 – Vermont
- Oct 3 – Sunfest
- Oct 10 – Jim Thorpe
- Oct 17 – Altoona – Railroaders Memorial Museum & Horseshoe Curve
- Oct 24 – Chestertown, MD
- Dec 5 – Dickens Christmas
- Dec 19 – New York City
- Call 792-3505 for an information packet on the individual trip. For additional info visit www.DoverTwpRec.com.
PLEASE BE ADVISED…
- PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN SANITIZED PRIOR TO OPENING FOR CHILDREN’S USE
- PLAYGROUNDS ARE NOT REGULARLY CLEANED OR SANITIZED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- USING PROPER SANITATION PRACTICES AND FOLLOWING SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES ARE RECOMMENDED
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS SHOULD ENSURE CHILDREN WASH AND/OR SANITIZE THEIR HANDS AFTER TOUCHING PLAY STRUCTURES
FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY EVENT
WHEN: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
TIME: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
WHERE: SUNSET LANE PARK
Shorty’s Funnel Cakes, Mad Dash Concessions, FFF Catering, Bricker’s French Fries, Pretzel Spot Café, The Taco Bus…and more to come.
COME OUT AND ENJOY A NICE NIGHT IN THE PARK!!!
GIFT CARD BINGO
Sunday, October 25, 2020
Doors Open at 10:00 AM – Bingo starts at Noon
$20 in Advance – $25 at the Door
Tickets can be purchased at the West Manchester Township Office. If you have purchased a ticket previously for this event, you may use that same ticket for the October 25th date.
380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408
Questions ??? Call 717-792-3505
2020 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 6 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 23; February 27; March 26; April 23; May 28; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 12; December 17.
Board of Auditors
January 7 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 19; April 15; June 17; August 19; October 21; December 16.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 2 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 29; February 26; March 25; April 29; May 27; June 24; July 29; August 26; September 30; October 28; November 18; December 16.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 27; February 24; March 23; April 27; May 22; June 22; July 27; August 24; September 28; October 26; November 23; December 28.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 14; February 11; March 10; April 14; May 12; June 9; July 14; August 11; September 8; October 13; November 10; December 8.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 24; February 28; March 27; April 24; May 22; June 26; July 24; August 28; September 25; October 23; November 30; December 28.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 28; February 25; March 24; April 28; May 26; June 23; July 28; August 25; September 22; October 27; November 24; December 22.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 7; February 4; March 3; April 7; May 5; June 2; July 7; August 4; September 1; October 6; November 4; December 1.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 24; May 18; August 31; November 30.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.