Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
April 22, 2021 BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
The regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors will be held on April 22nd at 7:00 p.m. As with the previous month’s meetings, the April meeting will to be closed to the general public in accordance with the recommendations from the State but will be streamed live on the Township Recreation Department and Fire Department Facebook pages. Residents can also submit questions in advance via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call the Township offices at 717-792-3505, and will be provided a call-in number during the live stream. We will reassess the situation prior to the May 2021 meeting to determine when “in-person” meetings will resume.
COUNTY VACCINE WEBSITE HAS LAUNCHED
THE YORK COUNTY CORONAVIRUS VACCINE DISTRIBUTION WEBSITE HAS JUST LAUNCHED.
The site includes helpful information such as:
- Vaccine Eligibility – A link will take you to where you can find out.
- Vaccine Providers – We have a list of health provider websites where you can sign up for an appointment based on their vaccine availability.
- County COVID-19 statistics and a link to find testing sites
- Need Assistance – provide links for help with finding counseling services, housing or rental assistance, and how to find a PCP or health insurance.
This site was possible with the use of CARES Act funding and the collaboration with the York County Planning Commission, York County Commissioners Office, York County Office of Emergency Management, Local health care providers WellSpan, UPMC, Family First Health, and the York City Health Bureau.
Visit www.vaccinateyorkpa.org and check it out for yourself.
The West Manchester Township Planning Commission will meet on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. The Planning Commission will not be physically present at the West Manchester Township Building located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408, but instead will conduct a virtual meeting utilizing authorized telecommunications devices. The format is authorized by Act 15 of 2020 as a result of the state of emergency in Pennsylvania regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The Planning Commission, Township Engineer and the Zoning Officer will meet electronically via “Zoom” with the applicants and their engineers. The meeting will be live-streamed for public viewing on the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page beginning at 7:00 p.m. At the beginning of the broadcast, and on the notice posted at the entrance to the Township Building, a telephone number will be provided for interested parties to call in to ask questions or make a statement regarding each agenda item.
In addition, any questions concerning the agenda items may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the attention of the Zoning Officer at the Township building address, provided the questions are received no later than April 9, 2021. Interested parties may visit the West Manchester Township building during regular business hours to view the subdivision and/or land development plans being reviewed by the West Manchester Township Planning Commission members.
Interested parties may view the Planning Commission’s meeting agenda by clicking on the Boards & Committees tab on the Township’s website.
Mark Walters, York County, Press Release:
Construction on the Baker Road bridge connecting West Manchester and Dover Townships is expected to begin in September 2021 and last into July 2022. The intent is to limit the maximum duration of road closure to minimize the impact on the community. The road could be closed in the fall or in early April 2022. The road closure duration will be limited to 100 calendar days. The schedule hinges on PennDOT’s approval, so it is subject to change.
Activities & Events
YARD WASTE PICKUP
The next scheduled Yard Waste Pickup date is Saturday, April 24, 2021. Prepare yard waste with any of these options:
- In a container, which can be emptied
- In a biodegradable paper bag
- Bundle it with biodegradable twine
- Bundles are no longer than 5′ in length
- Bundles not to exceed 30 lbs. each
- Branches not to exceed 6″ in diameter
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM.
FOOD TRUCK MADNESS EVENT!!!!
WHEN: SATURDAY, APRIL 24, 2021
TIME: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
WHERE: SUNSET LANE PARK
PARTICIPATING FOOD TRUCKS ARE: BRICKER’S FRENCH FRIES, PHILLIPS PIZZA & CHEESESTEAKS, SARAH’S CREAMERY, SAVORY FUNNEL CAKES, THE SWEET PATCH, G’S CONCESSIONS AND THE MAC STACK.
COME OUT AND ENJOY GOOD FOOD AND A RELAXING TIME IN THE PARK!!!
ANOTHER FUN EVENT SPONSORED BY: WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP FIRE DEPARTMENT AND THE WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT!
MAY IN MOTION
COMMUNITY FITNESS CHALLENGE
(PRESENTED BY: Y.A.R.D. (YORK AREA RECREATION DIRECTORS)
Register at https://bit.ly/3sWFh1M. Welcome gift available while supplies last. Track your fitness minutes through the month of May and log them with the info in your weekly email. All activity counts! Exercise, sports practices, dancing, biking, hiking, etc. Weekly gift card prizes for the highest number of minutes recorded. One recreation department will be named overall winner at the end of May and will receive a special trophy and bragging rights.
This activity will not start until the beginning of May and will run until the last day of May. Call 717-792-3505 and ask for the Parks & Recreation Dept. for more details.
REPRESENT WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP PARKS AND RECREATION!!! HELP US WIN THE TROPHY AND BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!
BENNETT WILLIAMS TOT PROGRAM
This program is especially designed for older toddlers who are too old to stay home all day and too young to play “capture the flag” at the regular playgrounds. It’s just the right size and just the right games and crafts for our younger friends. Join us at the Bennett Williams Park on Taxville Road.
WHO: Children Ages 4-6 (Children must be 4 years old by June 21 and must be potty trained)
WHEN: June 21 – July 30 from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM (Monday – Friday)
COST: (Prior to May 31) Resident $55.00/Non Resident $65.00 (After May 31) Resident $65.00/Non Resident $75.00
SUMMER PLAYGROUND PROGRAM
This supervised program offers games, arts and crafts, sports, and lots of fun. Participants will receive weekly information via a park newsletter which will also describe “special” activities that may take place in the afternoon or evening also.
WHO: Children Ages 5-12 (Children must be 5 years old by June 21)
WHEN: June 21 – July 30 from 9:00 AM – Noon (Monday-Friday)
WHERE: Two Different locations to choose from: Loman Park and Sunset Lane Park
COST: (Prior to May 31) Resident $55.00/Non Resident $65.00 (After May 31) Resident $65.00/Non Resident $75.00
CAMP OPERATION FUN
WHERE: Sunset Lane Park
WHEN: June 14 – June 18 from 9:00 AM – Noon
WHO: Children Ages 5-10
PRICE: Resident – $30.00 Non-Resident – $50.00
It’s time to get up and play at Operation Fun 2021!! Help us complete our camp mission of having a fun-filled summer! This new camp is all about new and exciting activities that get you up, moving and having a blast! Each day your child’s team will travel to four stations:
- Move and Groove Station – where we will drum it out, learn some karate, break out our hip hop moves and more!
- Goofy Games Station – where silly shoes, digging in the sand and lots of laughs are part of the game!
- Snack Shack Station – where we become master chefs with healthy recipes that are fun to make and eat!
- Free Play Station – where we can enjoy being outside and find some fun surprises like a scooter race track and bubble station!
There is so much to do at Operation Fun 2021!! All that’s missing is YOU!!
Limit of 45 participants. Deadline for registration is June 4, 2021.
2020 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 6 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 23; February 27; March 26; April 23; May 28; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 12; December 17.
Board of Auditors
January 7 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 19; April 15; June 17; August 19; October 21; December 16.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 2 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 29; February 26; March 25; April 29; May 27; June 24; July 29; August 26; September 30; October 28; November 18; December 16.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 27; February 24; March 23; April 27; May 22; June 22; July 27; August 24; September 28; October 26; November 23; December 28.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 14; February 11; March 10; April 14; May 12; June 9; July 14; August 11; September 8; October 13; November 10; December 8.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 24; February 28; March 27; April 24; May 22; June 26; July 24; August 28; September 25; October 23; November 30; December 28.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 28; February 25; March 24; April 28; May 26; June 23; July 28; August 25; September 22; October 27; November 24; December 22.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 7; February 4; March 3; April 7; May 5; June 2; July 7; August 4; September 1; October 6; November 4; December 1.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 24; May 18; August 31; November 30.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.