Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
The West Manchester Township Offices will close at 3:00 p.m. on November 25th in order to allow our staff to spend the Thanksgiving Holiday with their families. The offices will re-open on Monday. November 30th at 8:00 a.m.
Please be advised that beginning November 26th your trash and recycling pickup will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the holiday week.
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving Holiday!
The West Manchester Township Zoning Hearing Board will meet on Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
The Zoning Hearing Board will not be physically present at the West Manchester Township Building located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, PA 17408, but instead will conduct a virtual meeting utilizing authorized telecommunications devices. The format is authorized by Act 15 of 2020 as a result of the state of emergency in Pennsylvania regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The Zoning Hearing Board, Zoning Hearing Board Solicitor, Stenographer and the Zoning Officer will meet electronically via “Zoom” with the applicants. The meeting will be live-streamed for public viewing on the West Manchester Township Parks & Recreation Facebook page beginning at 7:00 p.m. At the beginning of the broadcast, and on the notice posted at the entrance to the Township Building, a telephone number will be provided for interested parties to call in to ask questions or make a statement regarding each agenda item. In addition, any questions concerning the agenda items may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the attention of the Zoning Officer at the Township building address, provided the questions are received no later than November 20, 2020.
The following cases will be heard during the November 24, 2020 Zoning Hearing Board meeting:
CONTINUED ZHB #20-14 – BAE SYSTEMS – 1100 Bairs Road
ZHB #20-15 – 930 CARLISLE ROAD LLC – 930 Carlisle Road
At the request of the applicants, the following cases will be continued and heard at the December 22, 2020 Zoning Hearing Board meeting:
ZHB #20-16 – SAMUEL EINSTEIN – 2051 Log Cabin Road
ZHB #20-17 – SHAWN CHRONISTER FOR P&L REAL PROPERTIES, LLC – 1240 Woodberry Road
West Manchester Township will re-advertise the Zoning Hearing Board cases that were continued to the December 22, 2020 public hearing in the York newspapers, as well as on the Township’s website. Notices of the hearings will also be sent via mail.
At this time, West Manchester Township will continue walk-in office hours, but this is subject to immediate change. Please check the Township website to ensure that office hours have not changed or have been temporarily halted.
Normal walk-in office hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Individuals are encouraged to contact the Township Offices via phone, (717) 792-3505 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org rather than in-person visits if possible. Individuals who must visit the Township offices in person are asked to check-in with the Township Receptionist upon entering the building and must be wearing a mask or face cover. In order to ensure the safety of the general public, as well as our staff, we are limiting the number of individuals that may be in building at one time. Individuals may be asked to wait outside of the building until another customer leaves.
Regular office hours are weekdays, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The Board of Supervisors and staff of West Manchester Township thanks all of our residents and customers for their understanding and patience as we navigate these difficult times.
November 12, 2020 BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
The regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors will be held on November 12th at 7:00 p.m. As with the previous month’s meetings, the November meeting will to be closed to the general public in accordance with the recommendations from the State but will be streamed live on the Township Recreation Department and Fire Department Facebook pages. Residents can also submit questions in advance via email (email@example.com), or call the Township offices at 717-792-3505, and will be provided a call-in number during the live stream. We will reassess the situation prior to the December meeting to determine when “in-person” meetings will resume.
Activities & Events
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO THE RECENT INCREASE IN COVID-19 CASES, WE MUST CANCEL OUR SENIOR BINGO SESSIONS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, MONDAY, OCTOBER 19 AND MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16 AT THE SHILOH FIRE CO.
AT THIS TIME WE ARE STILL PLANNING TO HAVE OUR HOLIDAY BINGO SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, DECEMBER 17 FROM 1-3 PM AT THE SHILOH FIRE CO. TICKETS ARE $5.00 AND MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE AT THE TOWNSHIP BUILDING. THERE ARE LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE.
FOR DETAILS REGARDING THE HOLIDAY SENIOR BINGO, PLEASE CALL 717-792-3505 AND ASK FOR KRISTI OR LORI.
YARD WASTE PICKUP
The next scheduled Yard Waste Pickup dates are Saturdays, December 5 and December 19, 2020. Prepare yard waste with any of these options:
- In a container, which can be emptied
- In a biodegradable paper bag
- Bundle it with biodegradable twine
- Bundles are no longer than 5′ in length
- Bundles not to exceed 30 lbs. each
- Branches not to exceed 6″ in diameter
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM.
UPCOMING BUS TRIP
- April 18 – NYC (Cancelled)
- April 25-May 3 – New Orleans (Cancelled)
- May 9 – St. Michael’s MD (Cancelled)
- May 16 – Cape May (Cancelled)
- June 8-12 – Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard (Cancelled)
- June 13 – NYC (Cancelled)
- June 27 – Washington DC (Cancelled)
- Sep 14-18 – Vermont (Cancelled)
- Oct 3 – Sunfest (Cancelled)
- Oct 10 – Jim Thorpe (Cancelled)
- Oct 17 – Altoona – Railroaders Memorial Museum & Horseshoe Curve (Cancelled)
- Oct 24 – Chestertown, MD (Cancelled)
- Dec 5 – Dickens Christmas (Cancelled)
- Dec 19 – New York City (Cancelled)
- Call 792-3505 for an information packet on the individual trip. For additional info visit www.DoverTwpRec.com.
PLEASE BE ADVISED…
- PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN SANITIZED PRIOR TO OPENING FOR CHILDREN’S USE
- PLAYGROUNDS ARE NOT REGULARLY CLEANED OR SANITIZED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- USING PROPER SANITATION PRACTICES AND FOLLOWING SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES ARE RECOMMENDED
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS SHOULD ENSURE CHILDREN WASH AND/OR SANITIZE THEIR HANDS AFTER TOUCHING PLAY STRUCTURES
Our Annual Bluegrass Festival scheduled for Sunday, December 6, 2020 at the Shiloh Fire Co has been cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
HOLIDAY SENIOR BINGO
WHEN: Thursday, December 17 – 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
WHERE: Shiloh Fire Co. – 2190 Carlisle Road
COST: $5.00 – ADVANCED PURCHASED TICKETS REQ’D
Tickets must be purchased in advance at the Township Office. Limited number of tickets available.
Details….Call 717-792-3505 and ask for Kristi or Lori
2020 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 6 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 23; February 27; March 26; April 23; May 28; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 12; December 17.
Board of Auditors
January 7 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 19; April 15; June 17; August 19; October 21; December 16.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 2 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 29; February 26; March 25; April 29; May 27; June 24; July 29; August 26; September 30; October 28; November 18; December 16.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 27; February 24; March 23; April 27; May 22; June 22; July 27; August 24; September 28; October 26; November 23; December 28.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 14; February 11; March 10; April 14; May 12; June 9; July 14; August 11; September 8; October 13; November 10; December 8.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 24; February 28; March 27; April 24; May 22; June 26; July 24; August 28; September 25; October 23; November 30; December 28.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 28; February 25; March 24; April 28; May 26; June 23; July 28; August 25; September 22; October 27; November 24; December 22.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 7; February 4; March 3; April 7; May 5; June 2; July 7; August 4; September 1; October 6; November 4; December 1.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 24; May 18; August 31; November 30.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.