Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
At its meeting of May 24, 2019, the West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors voted to deny a request from the Shiloh Water Authority to remove fluoride from the water system. This vote was not a commentary for or against the benefits of fluoride in the water system but rather was done due to the fact that very little supporting information was presented to the Board to substantiate this change. The Board of Supervisors are willing to re-evaluate this request at such time the Shiloh Water Authority presents evidenced based information to support this change. The Board urges residents with comments both in support and against this proposed change to contact the Shiloh Water Authority. Please continue to check back at www.wmtwp.com for updates as to when this matter will be reconsidered.
Activities & Events
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING UP!!!!!
Red, White & Blue Parade – Loman Park – Tuesday, July 2 – 6:30 PM
Summer Social & Movie Night – Sunset Park – Wednesday, July 10 – 7:00 PM (Movie: A Dog’s Way Home)
Family Roller Skating Party – Mr. Q’s Roll R Way – Monday, July 15 – 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Olde Tyme Carnival & Fireworks – Sunset Park – Tuesday, July 23 – 5:30 PM
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 717-792-3505.
Take Me Fishing Event
The fishing event at Pinchot Park scheduled for this evening has been canceled. There is a flash flood warning through the evening and more heavy storms are expected. We do not want to put anyone in harm’s way. Unfortunately, this event will not be rescheduled.
ART IN AMERICA MINI CAMP
Celebrate summer and America by coming to this art camp. You will learn about different artists from the United States and then create arts and crafts based on their work. Pre-registration is required. Ages K – 12.
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
June 24, 25 & 26 – Time: 6:15 PM – 7:45 PM
SUMMER PLAYGROUND PROGRAM
SIGN UP NOW….
SUNSET LANE PARK (5-12 YEAR OLDS)
LOMAN PARK (5-12 YEAR OLDS)
BENNETT WILLIAMS PARK (4-6 YEAR OLDS)
Playground Dates: June 24 – August 2
9:00 AM – Noon, Monday – Friday
(Bennett Williams Program – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM)
Registration Form can be found in the township newsletter either online or hard copy on Page 15 or available at the township office.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
The next Yard Waste Collections is scheduled for Saturday, June 22.
Place yard waste in a container which can be emptied, biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy-to handle bundles. Bundles may be no longer than 5′ in length and not weigh more than 30 pounds each. Branches may not exceed 6″ in diameter. Yard waste must be placed at the curb on scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM. An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
2019 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 7 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 24; February 28; March 28; April 25; May 23; June 27; July 25; August 22; September 26; October 24; November 21; December 19.
Board of Auditors
January 8 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 20; April 17; June 19; August 21; October 16; December 18.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 3 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 30; February 27; March 27; April 24; May 29; June 26; July 31; August 28; September 25; October 30; November 27; December 18.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 28; February 25; March 25; April 22; May 24; June 24; July 22; August 26; September 23; October 28; November 25; December 23.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 8; February 12; March 12; April 9; May 14; June 11; July 9; August 13; September 10; October 8; November 12; December 10.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 25; February 22; March 22; April 26; May 24; June 28; July 26; August 23; September 27; October 25; November 22; December 27.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 22; February 26; March 26; April 23; May 28; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 26; December 17.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 2; February 5; March 5; April 2; May 7; June 4; July 2; August 6; September 3; October 1; November 6; December 3.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 25; May 20; August 26; November 25.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.