Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
Activities & Events
Sign up NOW for Tee Ball for Boys and Girls – Ages 5-8 years old. Participants must be 5 years old prior to the start of the program – May 7. Season runs from May 7 through May 30, Tuesday & Thursday nights from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM. Deadline for Registration is…March 29.
Sign up NOW for Summer Softball for Girls – Ages 5-18 years old. Participants may not be older than the age group they are in as of January 1, 2019. Season runs from April through August. Deadline for Registration is…February 8.
Shiloh & Lincolnway Fire Companies
JOINT TOOL BINGO
Shiloh Fire Company
Sunday, March 24, 2019
Doors and Kitchen Open at 12 PM
Bingo Starts at 2 PM
$20 Advanced Tickets – $25 at the Door (Cash Only)
Everyone in attendance must play bingo.
Call 717-792-3505 for tickets.
Applications are being accepted at the township office for the Summer Playground program – Must be 13 years old to apply for a Counselor-In-Training position and 16 years old to apply for a paid Coordinator position.
Applications are also being accepted at the township office for the Safety Town program. Volunteers must be 13 years of old to apply.
GIFT CARD BINGO
SUNDAY, APRIL 7, 2019
Shiloh Fire Company
Doors Open at 10 AM – Bingo Starts at Noon
$15 Advanced Tickets – $20 at the Door if Not Sold Out
Tickets can be purchased at the
West Manchester Township Office
380 E. Berlin Road, York, PA 17408
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
The next Yard Waste Collections is scheduled for Saturday, March 23.
Place yard waste in a container which can be emptied, biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy-to handle bundles. Bundles may be no longer than 5′ in length and not weigh more than 30 pounds each. Branches may not exceed 6″ in diameter. Yard waste must be placed at the curb on scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM. An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
2019 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 7 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 24; February 28; March 28; April 25; May 23; June 27; July 25; August 22; September 26; October 24; November 21; December 19.
Board of Auditors
January 8 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 20; April 17; June 19; August 21; October 16; December 18.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 3 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 30; February 27; March 27; April 24; May 29; June 26; July 31; August 28; September 25; October 30; November 27; December 18.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 28; February 25; March 25; April 22; May 24; June 24; July 22; August 26; September 23; October 28; November 25; December 23.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 8; February 12; March 12; April 9; May 14; June 11; July 9; August 13; September 10; October 8; November 12; December 10.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 25; February 22; March 22; April 26; May 24; June 28; July 26; August 23; September 27; October 25; November 22; December 27.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 22; February 26; March 26; April 23; May 28; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 26; December 17.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 2; February 5; March 5; April 2; May 7; June 4; July 2; August 6; September 3; October 1; November 6; December 3.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 25; May 20; August 26; November 25.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.