Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
Recently, the West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors was notified that the Shiloh Water Authority has decided to move forward with the removal of fluoride from the water system without Board of Supervisors approval. Township staff has verified with the Pennsylvania D.E.P that approval from the local legislative body is not required, as first requested by the Shiloh Water Authority. The Board of Supervisors previously made a recommendation to the Shiloh Water Authority that fluoride not be removed from the water system until more compelling information be presented to substantiate this change. The Board of Supervisors urges residents to contact the Shiloh Water Authority directly at (717) 764-3624 or email@example.com to express your thoughts regarding this important matter. Concerned residents should also contact the Pennsylvania D.E.P. by mail during the required open comment period.
Activities & Events
LEAF VACUUM COLLECTION SCHEDULE
Beginning October 28th and continuing till December 20th, West Manchester Public Works will be collecting leaves. During this time frame, Public Works will provide residents with multiple collections. Please rake all leaves to the curb line for collection.
VACUUM COLLECTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE AFTER DECEMBER 20TH.
GHOSTS, GHOULS AND GOBLINS
Children ages 12 and under will take over West Manchester Township on October 31, from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Drivers are encouraged to take special care during this time. Any resident wishing to participate should turn on their front porch light.
UPCOMING BUS TRIPS
OCTOBER 26 – Sea Witch Festival, Rehoboth Beach, DE
NOVEMBER 18-21 – Biltmore, Asheville, NC (4 days, 3 nights)
NOVEMBER 30 – Longwood Gardens
DECEMBER 7 – Dickens Christmas Wellsboro, PA
DECEMBER 14 – New York City
Call 792-3505 for an information packet on the individual trips. For additional info visit www.DoverTwpRec.com.
A TRIBUTE TO OUR GOOD FRIEND DICK LAIRD
Enjoy Bluegrass Music? Mark your calendars for an afternoon of entertainment!!! Support our Volunteer Firefighters by purchasing food at this event.
BLUESTONE – IRON RIDGE BAND – HANOVER EXPRESS
- SHILOH FIRE COMPANY
- SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8
- 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- FOOD AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
- $5.00 AT THE DOOR
- NO ADVANCE TICKETS SOLD
- QUESTIONS….CALL 792-3505
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
The next Yard Waste Collections is scheduled for Saturday, November 2, 2019. Place yard waste in a container which can be emptied, biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy-to handle bundles. Bundles may be no longer than 5′ in length and not weigh more than 30 pounds each. Branches may not exceed 6″ in diameter. Yard waste must be placed at the curb on scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM. An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
Browse Parks & Recreation Facebook Activity
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.
2019 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 7 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 24; February 28; March 28; April 25; May 23; June 27; July 25; August 22; September 26; October 24; November 21; December 19.
Board of Auditors
January 8 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 20; April 17; June 19; August 21; October 16; December 18.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 3 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 30; February 27; March 27; April 24; May 29; June 26; July 31; August 28; September 25; October 30; November 27; December 18.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 28; February 25; March 25; April 22; May 24; June 24; July 22; August 26; September 23; October 28; November 25; December 23.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 8; February 12; March 12; April 9; May 14; June 11; July 9; August 13; September 10; October 8; November 12; December 10.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 25; February 22; March 22; April 26; May 24; June 28; July 26; August 23; September 27; October 25; November 22; December 27.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 22; February 26; March 26; April 23; May 28; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 26; December 17.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 2; February 5; March 5; April 2; May 7; June 4; July 2; August 6; September 3; October 1; November 6; December 3.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 25; May 20; August 26; November 25.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.