Municipal Real Estate Taxes
Please Note: The following is for informational use only. Your actual tax liability will be provided to you by the Taxing Authority and this calculation in no way legally suggests/implies your actual tax obligation.
To determine your real estate tax you will need the following information:
- The assessed value of your home.
- To get your assessed value, call the York County Assessment and Tax Claim office (717) 771-9232 or use the following link: http://gis.york-county.org
- The mill rate for the township (for 2016: 0.8000 West Manchester Township)
- Your municipal tax rate can be found at the following web site: http://munstatspa.dced.state.pa.us/MunicipalTaxInfo.aspx
To calculate your municipal real estate tax, use the following formula:
Assessed Value multiplied by the Tax rate (mills) then divided by 1000 to get the dollar amount.
EX: (Assessed Value x tax rate) / 1000 = Municipal Tax
($100,000 x 0.8000) = 80,000 / 1000 = $80.00 per year or $6.67 per month
Note: The same formula is used to calculate your County’s and School District’s taxes.
What do I get for my Municipal Taxes? As a resident of West Manchester Township you get:
- 24 hours / 7 days a week dedicated Police coverage
- 24 hours / 7 days a week snow and road emergency repair
- 24 hours / 7 days a week Volunteer Fire & Emergency Services
- 40 hours per week of Professional Township services
Where do my real estate tax dollars go?
Breakdown of Your Tax Dollar – PDF