Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP
SNOW EMERGENCY DECLARATION
For Immediate Release
West Manchester Township Snow Emergency will be in effect from:
Monday, March 13th at 9:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 16th at 9:00 a.m.
West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors, Emergency Personnel, and staff are urging residents to avoid unnecessary travel during the incoming winter storm.
The Township is also asking residents to remove parked vehicles from roadways. This allows public works crews to most effectively remove snow from the roads.
Forecasters currently are predicting a foot or more of snow could fall in York County on Monday into Tuesday. Winds could become blustery, particularly Monday night and Tuesday.
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
Resurfacing Projects Church Road- Route 74 to Roosevelt Ave. Taxville Road- Greenwood Rd to Old Taxville Rd. Weldon Drive- Bannister Road to Weldon Court Weldon Court entire length Deneb Road entire length Gabrielle Court entire length Onyx Road entire length Breezewood Road-entire length Beeler Avenue-entire length Logan Road-entire length Woodlawn Avenue- entire length Kotur Avenue-entire […]
On Saturday, April 22 at 10 am until 1pm, Lafayette Plaza (Corner of North Pershing Ave. and West Philadelphia St. in York, PA) is holding a FREE Community Shredding Event. Download the Free Shredding Event Flyer
Activities & Events
“ART WITH HEART” PAINTING CLASSES….GROWN UP AND ME PAINT NIGHT
A paint night for TWO. What a great way to spend some quality time with your child. You will create a painting on a square 12 x 12 canvas, when placed together, creates one special piece of art. Pre-registration is required. This class is for one adult/older sibling plus children 5 and up. The cost is $45.00/couple and will be on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 from 5:30 – 7:30 PM.
TAKE ME FISHING FOR KIDS!!!!
Join us on May 18 from 6-8 PM at Pinchot Park to learn to fish….
We will be set up on the York/Dover side of Pinchot at the Conewago Day Use Area off of Alpine Road. Adam Spangler with the Fish and Boat Commission will be available to hand out rods for kids use. Adam also shared with us that this is a great family event…even the parents are able to fish without a license at this event! Registration is required for this FREE event. Register by calling the township office at 792-3505.
COME JOIN THE FUN!!!!
NEXT YARD WASTE PICKUP…
SATURDAY, MAY 27, 2017
Place your yard waste in a container which can be emptied, biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy-to-handle bundles. Once prepared, yard waste must be placed at the curb by 6:00 AM. An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
SUMMER PLAYGROUND IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!
Registrations for playground are being accepted now at the township building. We have Bennett Williams Park for our younger campers (ages 4-6), Sunset Lane Park (ages 5-12) and Loman Park (ages 5-12). We have a lot of fun things planned for this summer!!! Sign Up Now!!! 380 E. Berlin Road, York, PA 17408.
2017 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 3 at 12:30 pm
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 26; February 23; March 23; April 27; May 25; June 22; July 27; August 24; September 28; October 26; November 9; December 14.
Board of Auditors
January 4 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 15; April 19; June 21; August 16; October 18; December 20.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 9 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 25; February 22; March 29; April 26; May 31; June 28; July 26; August 30; September 27; October 25; November 22; December 20.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 23; February 27; March 27; April 24; May 22; June 26; July 24; August 28; September 25; October 23; November 27; December 22.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 10; February 14; March 14; April 11; May 9; June 13; July 11; August 8; September 12; October 10; November 14; December 12.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 27; February 24; March 24; April 28; May 26; June 23; July 28; August 25; September 22; October 27; November 22; December 22.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 24; February 28; March 28; April 25; May 23; June 27; July 25; August 22; September 26; October 24; November 28; December 27.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 3; February 7; March 7; April 4; May 2; June 6; July 5; August 1; September 5; October 3; November 8; December 5.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 6; May 1; August 7; November 6.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.