Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP
SNOW EMERGENCY DECLARATION
For Immediate Release
West Manchester Township Snow Emergency will be in effect from:
Monday, March 13th at 9:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 16th at 9:00 a.m.
West Manchester Township Board of Supervisors, Emergency Personnel, and staff are urging residents to avoid unnecessary travel during the incoming winter storm.
The Township is also asking residents to remove parked vehicles from roadways. This allows public works crews to most effectively remove snow from the roads.
Forecasters currently are predicting a foot or more of snow could fall in York County on Monday into Tuesday. Winds could become blustery, particularly Monday night and Tuesday.
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
Mark your calendar now for West Manchester Township Police National Night Out 2017. Please Join us for this FREE event! Tuesday August 1, 2017 5:30 – 8:30 PM Sunset Lane Park Food – Music – Games – Giveaways Don’t Miss a Fun FREE Family Event! Please bring a lawn chair. 2017_National Night Out – Click here […]
Resurfacing Projects Church Road- Route 74 to Roosevelt Ave. – Starts June 8th – Expect 3 Week Project Taxville Road- Greenwood Rd to Old Taxville Rd. – Completed Weldon Drive- Bannister Road to Weldon Court – Completed Weldon Court entire length – Completed Deneb Road entire length – Completed Gabrielle Court entire length – Completed Onyx Road entire length – Completed Breezewood […]
Activities & Events
TRUCK-OR-TREAT by WMTFD
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2017
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
This FREE event is sponsored by the West Manchester Township Fire Department. The volunteer firefighters will be on hand for a “meet & greet” , you can also tour the fire trucks and get a special treat. Marshall, the special fire dog, will be making a visit to greet everyone!!
NEXT YARD WASTE PICKUP…
SATURDAY, August 26, 2017
Place your yard waste in a container which can be emptied, biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy-to-handle bundles. Once prepared, yard waste must be placed at the curb by 6:00 AM. An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
GRUBBIN’ & GROOVIN’
FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY
We have an AWESOME night of fun planned for you…Come out to Sunset Lane Park on Friday, October 6, 2017 between 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM. We have a live band lined up to play some tunes and lots of food trucks with all different kinds of foods for you to try!
HALLOWEEN MAGIC & MOVIE NIGHT
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM, Shiloh Fire Hall
We will start the evening with face painting, a magic show and doing a Halloween craft…then wind down the night with a movie and snacks.
Movie: “HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 2”, sponsored by Weis Markets.
Cost – $5.00
TRUCK TOUCH – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
West Manchester Township Complex
Come out and touch all the trucks, climb in the back of a police car, sit yourself down on a school bus plus many, many other things. The Lincolnway volunteer fireman will be selling food to satisfy your hunger pains.
2017 Meeting Dates
Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 3 at 12:30 pm
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 26; February 23; March 23; April 27; May 25; June 22; July 27; August 24; September 28; October 26; November 9; December 14.
Board of Auditors
January 4 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 15; April 19; June 21; August 16; October 18; December 20.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 9 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 25; February 22; March 29; April 26; May 31; June 28; July 26; August 30; September 27; October 25; November 22; December 20.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 23; February 27; March 27; April 24; May 22; June 26; July 24; August 28; September 25; October 23; November 27; December 22.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 10; February 14; March 14; April 11; May 9; June 13; July 11; August 8; September 12; October 10; November 14; December 12.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 27; February 24; March 24; April 28; May 26; June 23; July 28; August 25; September 22; October 27; November 22; December 22.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 24; February 28; March 28; April 25; May 23; June 27; July 25; August 22; September 26; October 24; November 28; December 27.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 3; February 7; March 7; April 4; May 2; June 6; July 5; August 1; September 5; October 3; November 8; December 5.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 6; May 1; August 7; November 6.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.