Latest Breaking News
WEST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP SNOW TIPS:
West Manchester Township is offering the following tips to follow once the snow begins to fall:
- Ensure proper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters and other appliances that vent outside. Clear snow from exhaust pipes.
- Clear snow from gas meters. Heavy snow can cover the regulator vent and block gas service.
- Check on vulnerable neighbors, friends and relatives during and after the storm. Make sure they have an adequate supply of food, water and medicine.
- Do not call 911 to report power outages unless the outage poses a threat to safety or property (contact numbers for electricity providers are listed below).
- Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. A portable generator exhausts a deadly gas called carbon monoxide that is odorless and colorless. Place generators outside where exhaust fumes will not enter into enclosed spaces. The generator should be protected from direct exposure to rain and snow. Follow manufacturer instructions.
- Clear fire hydrants near your home or business from snow so the hydrants are readily accessible to fire departments. Fire hydrants should be cleared of snow from about 3 feet in each direction, with a clear path to the street.
- Clear snow off all exposed surfaces of vehicles before driving, including the top of the vehicle.
- Take care not to overexert when shoveling snow. Push the snow as you shovel because it’s easier on your back than lifting the snow. Make sure to stretch before and after snow removal. Take breaks as necessary.
Residents can visit www.ready.gov for more preparedness information.
To Report a Power Outage: Met-Ed: 1-888-544-4877
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 17, 2018 PennDOT to Replace Route 74 Bridge between Dover and West York Carlisle Road span over Little Conewago Creek to be restricted to two 11-ft lanes Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today that on Tuesday, January 23, its contractor will close one half […]
Activities & Events
LOUCKS ROAD CLOSURE UPDATE:
Closure area affected is the two lane section between Kenneth Road and Route 30.
Due to utility relocation the tentative start date for Loucks Road closure has been moved to April 15th. Updates will be provided when available.
Boys & Girls ages 5-8
Tues and Thurs evenings (6 – 7:30)
May 1 through May 24
Deadline for Registration: March 30
(Prior to March 30) – Resident – $40.00 Non-Resident – $50.00
(After March 30) – Resident – $50.00 Non-Resident – $60.00
St. Paul’s Wolf’s Church
ST. PATRICK’S DAY BINGO
Come join the fun of playing Bingo with your friends…
WHERE: Shiloh Fire Co. – 2190 Carlisle Road, York, 17408
WHEN: Thursday, March 15
TIME: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Doors open at 12:30 PM)
COST: $5.00 collected at the door. Call 717-792-3505 to register.
GIFT CARD – CASH BINGO
Sunday, April 8
Shiloh Fire Company
Doors Open at 10 AM
Bingo Starts at Noon
$15 Advance Tickets
$20 at the Door (If not Sold Out)
Tickets can be purchased at the
West Manchester Township Office
380 East Berlin Road
York, PA 17408
Questions Call 717-792-3505
2018 Meeting Dates
2018 Board of Supervisors
Reorganization Meeting, January 2 at 7:30 am
All other meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 25; February 22; March 22; April 26; May 24; June 28; July 26; August 23; September 27; October 25; November 8; December 13.
Board of Auditors
January 3 at 4:00 pm.
Recreation Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 21; April 18; June 20; August 15; October 17; December 19.
Meetings are held at the Authority Office, 2115 Log Cabin Road, York, PA 17404: Reorganization Meeting, January 8 at 7:00 pm; all other meetings begin at 8:00 pm: January 31; February 28; March 28; April 25; May 30; June 27; July 25; August 29; September 26; October 31; November 21; December 19.
Plan Filing Dates
Filing dates close at 12:00 noon: January 22; February 26; March 26; April 23; May 25; June 25; July 23; August 27; September 24; October 22; November 26; December 21.
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 9; February 13; March 13; April 10; May 8; June 12; July 10; August 14; September 11; October 9; November 13; December 11.
Zoning Hearing Board Submittal Deadline
Plan filing dates are as follows and must be filed by 12:00 noon: January 26; February 23; March 23; April 27; May 25; June 22; July 27; August 24; September 28; October 26; November 26; December 28.
Zoning Hearing Board
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: January 23; February 27; March 27; April 24; May 22; June 26; July 24; August 28; September 25; October 23; November 27; December 18.
In-House Plan Review
Reviews begin at 2:00 pm: January 2; February 6; March 6; April 3; May 1; June 5; July 3; August 7; September 4; October 2; November 7; December 4.
Fire Services Advisory Committee
Meetings begin at 7:00 pm: February 26; May 21; August 27; November 26.
All of the above meetings, except the Water Authority meetings, are held at the West Manchester Township Municipal Complex, in the public meeting room, located at 380 East Berlin Road, York, Pennsylvania, 17408. West Manchester Township complies with the American with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) and will, in carrying out the requirements of the Act, accommodate persons with hearing disabilities which require an auxiliary aid or service. However, persons requiring such services must provide adequate notice prior to the public meeting.